Monday, May 12, 2008

Just in case you thought Bill O'Reilly wasn't ...

... always the supreme asshole that he is today, check out this bit from his earlier Peabody-award winning incarnation:

UPDATE: Somehow, BillO got YouTube to remove the video that I had embedded below. However, the good people at Wonkette have their own copy of the video. See it here.

The rest of this post is no longer operational, as Ron Ziegler almost said.


(alt. video link)

(h/t: Oliver Willis)

Update: Looks like the video got taken down. Sorry about that. I'll keep an eye out for another copy hosted elsewhere.

5 comments:

Sornie said...

I had almost forgotten that the douchebag supreme cut his "journalistic" teeth on Inside Edition. Sounds like he needs to find himself a loofa sponge.

Anonymous said...

The video was no longer available when I tried to watch it, but you may know that Al Franken when he had the show on Air America said that O'Reilly didn't actually win a Peabody so he thought that must mean that it is OK to claim that you won a Peabody when you didn't. So every day Al would say that he was the winner of three Peabody's for the quiz that he ran every day.

bjkeefe said...

LOL @ Sornie!

TC: Sorry the video got taken down. I wish I had thought to swipe a copy off of YouTube. If I can find another copy, I'll let you know.

It's amazing to think how much clout BillO must have to get that clip suppressed so fast.

I did know that it was Al Franken who exposed the O'Lie about the Peabody(s), from reading Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them, but I didn't know he kept running with it. I like to imagine how much stomach acid that must have caused in that blowhard.

Adam said...

You may be interested in Michael Savage's nickname for Bill O'Reilly, "The Leprechaun."

Of course, his criticism is that O'Reilly is too liberal, but nonetheless, still funny.

bjkeefe said...

Hadn't heard that nickname before. I imagine it goes up BillO's ass a mile. Which is nice.

ShareThis