Friday, May 09, 2008

You Wouldn't Like Us When We're Angry

I have to say, as an upper-middle class liberal who has been known to enjoy the occasional latte or, even worse, cafe au lait, I'm a little sick of the abuse. No, I don't watch NASCAR. No, I am not a soccer mom/dad. I just like my damn coffee with milk in it. Is that so wrong? Yes, my morning is made a little brighter by having some nice barista at the local coffee shop make that coffee for me. I'm sorry that this makes me hate America. But if you think I'm out of touch now, just try me WITHOUT my coffee.
-- from an email sent to Andrew Sullivan

If you followed the link, your biggest feeling right now is relief that I didn't title this post "The Voice of Scone."

1 comment:

bjkeefe said...

And yes, my bitter and right-wing readers: I am aware that you don't like us anyway.

ShareThis