Saturday, May 03, 2008

Signs!

If you're not regularly reading Folderol, you're missing out on a daily offering of links to all the weird and wonderful goodness that the Web has to offer.

Case in point: today's post, which, among other things, pointed me to, as Jinnet notes:

.. part ten (ten!) of odd signage around the world.

I pretty much could have swiped every image there. I've restricted myself to copying four for reposting here (and emailed a few others). Click any image to enlarge.

First up: I don't care if it's Photoshopped. I wasted beer nasally:


Next, a reminder of my favorite blog tagline:


And, the Larry Craig Memorial Sign. If they have to be told, is there any better way to tell them? And do you not love the one in the lower left corner?

Finally, just to feed my inner geek, an oldie but a goodie:


Go see them all. The link to the other nine (nine more!) parts is at the bottom. That's where I'll be for the next little while.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I just spent far too long at that site.
The "Toilet Cameras" one? I KNEW it - have always suspected hidden surveillance!
And that ski resort one, "You Can Die" definitely speaks to me.
Some of my worst fears in life confirmed.
But lots of laughs, too!

bjkeefe said...

I remember seeing a "You Can Die" sign, or close to it, at Chichen Itza. I liked it -- you're allowed to climb the pyramid at your own risk, they warn you clearly about the dangers, and you don't get to sue if you fall. Another thing the US could be learning from other countries.

ShareThis