Saturday, July 22, 2006

Not only are they traitors . . .

. . . they have bad editing in the email department.

I've long been amused at the autoreply that is returned when I send an email to someone on the NY Times's staff. In part, it reads:

Your message is very important to us. We care about the views of our readers. Please do not reply to this message.

Or something very close to that.

I got an (unprovoked) email from them recently, asking me to participate in a survey about their magazine. In order to prevent easy skewing of the survey, a unique identifier came along with the message, and was indicated as:

Your personal PIN # is: C38XT7

I could expand that acronym for you, but I guess the original line is really all the news that's fit fit to print print.

1 comment:

bjkeefe said...

If anybody knows Dan W., please pass this post along to him.

It's an old joke with us.

ShareThis