Sunday, January 06, 2008

That Train Don't Run No Mo

You know, I've believed for years now that the so-called "Straight Talk Express" is a crock put forth by journalists who love their exclusive time alone with John McCain. I haven't bothered listening to him much since at least …

That Awful, Awful Hug

The Hug.


So, I'm not sure why I did this, but I just watched The Sainted One on Meet The Press.

Boy, was that painful. I just can't believe anyone thinks there's anything real about this guy. He contradicted his own self as shown on videotape. He backpedaled furiously when he wasn't flat-out ignoring the questions. He had a really creepy nervous laugh that leaked out every time he was lying. He mentioned Ronald Reagan … let's see, I lost count at around 47,000 …  many times. He called Tim Russert "my friend" just about as often.

The worst part of the whole thing is that I expect a politician fighting for his life to say whatever he has to say. But he's not even good at it. He sounded like a babbling old pickpocket being grilled by a slightly younger cop. Ick, ick, ick.

If you've been bad and want to punish yourself, you can watch it here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! ("If you've been bad and want to punish yourself...")

I share your revulsion...

bjkeefe said...

Sharing is always a good thing, especially in this case.

Funnily enough, a friend of mine who almost always shares my reactions to various political types let me know by email that he completely disagreed with me on this one. My friend holds no brief for McCain, AFAIK.

Weird how two people of like mind can see the same thing so differently.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear it wasn't just me. Thanks, Verso.

ShareThis