Monday, March 02, 2009

Discretion is the Better Part of Punditry

After musing for awhile on how the GOP presidential aspirants will sort themselves out in 2012 and 2016,* Robert Farley concludes:

Then again, I'm glad I never published the post I wrote in 2005, with the excerpt "Wes Clark should coast to victory in the 2008 Democratic primary, but can he beat George Allen in the general?"



* Don't roll your eyes. We're all junkies about something. You probably watch soap operas or reality TV or participate in a Rotisserie League.

2 comments:

Rick said...

You probably watch soap operas or reality TV or participate in a Rotisserie League.

How dare you equate the clearly cerebral activity of fantasy hockey with that other stuff. Man, if this were the real world I might have to smack you! [/irony]

bjkeefe said...

I was thinking Fantasy Baseball, which at least has a hundred-year tradition of nerds dissecting and recombining stats (cf.). I had no idea that hockey could be similarly distilled.

I will not say anything further. And this smirk? Totally unrelated.

(Signed)
Your provincial American friend, who would like to remain so

ShareThis