Friday, March 06, 2009

Nocera on AIG

Earlier this evening, I was catching up on some past episodes of The Daily Show. One of them featured Joe Nocera as a guest.

Nocera, if you don't already know, is a business reporter and columnist for The New York Times, and he's a good one. Jon Stewart said during the interview that Nocera's piece on AIG was the first thing he'd read where he actually felt like he understood what that company had done. I just read it, and I agree -- it's a good one.

In terms of clarity, I mean. You're not going to feel anything besides an urge for torches and pitchforks by the end. But if you're in the boat I'm in -- mystified by how it all happened, reluctant to try to understand it, hoping there's some sort of reason to keep giving them money -- this is a good place to start.

No comments:

ShareThis