Thursday, December 25, 2008

Fascinating Random Bit of Demographic Data of the Day

... the device is most popular among 55- to 64-year-olds.

This is a statement made about Amazon's Kindle, in an interesting article about ebook readers in the NYT. Probably related: this article is currently one of the most emailed.

That the Kindle is most popular among the age group that it is probably says something about who can afford what kind of toys. But I would think it also speaks to the legibility and ease of use, if that doesn't make me sound too ageist, and I find this encouraging. I look forward to v2.0 and a 50-75% price cut, and I hope this occurs before I join said demographic.

I was also interested to note that FoxIt is coming out with their own ebook reader in February. FoxIt, you may remember me mentioning, is best known for its alternative to Adobe Reader; i.e., a better program for reading PDF files.

No comments:

ShareThis