Sunday, March 09, 2008

DST

If you live in most places in the US, you might be an hour behind right now. Or your machine might be, if you use an older version of Windows. My Win2K box updated itself properly, but I think I had to apply a patch last October or something to make that happen. Ping me if you want a link; I'm too lazy to look for it now.

As to the time of this post and the fact that it shows an hour later than I feel it ought to be, I am unsure whether it suggests that my night owlism is further out of control or that I am become Teh Early Bird Beyond All Others.

Always envied hated those smug people who bounced out of bed first.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Don't envy/hate me - I've been "bouncing" out of bed at 5:30 for months and hating it.
I LOVE daylight savings time - I don't care if it's psychological. Waking up to a clock that showed 6:30 did wonders for my spirits!

And my Mac updated the time perfectly. (Of course.)

The Exterminator said...

Well, I don't think you need to ask whether I'm a night owl or not. I hate Daylist Saving Time. (Note: Officially, there's no final s.) All that damn sun.

Adam said...

Somebody needs to write a piece talking about the implications to Global Warming from the Bush Administration just adding an extra hour of sunlight every day for an entire month. Notice that the E.U. is not on-board with this reckless experiment: they're waiting 3 more weeks to begin daylight saving time. This is just like Kyoto all over again.

bjkeefe said...

T. Ex:

I hate Daylist Saving Time. (Note: Officially, there's no final s.)

Yeah, I believe the "gh" is standard, too. ;^)

Beth:

I can't hate you, but I do still feel some envy.

Adam:

There have been so many pieces written about DST and its energy {savings|costs} that I cannot bear to think of another.

ShareThis