Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Apple and Safari Patches

Sorry to be late on this one, but since my Mac isn't hooked up at the moment, it slid under my radar. According to Brian Krebs, Apple last week pushed out 93 patches for OS X 10.4 and 10.5 (Tiger and Leopard, felinely). Some of these have to do with third-party software, so depending on what you've got installed, you may not get them all. Krebs says Apple's Software Update should take care of your needs.

People who run Safari on Windows should have their heads examined run their own version of the Apple Software Update program that apparently gets bundled with Safari. (I have this, too, by virtue of installing iTunes.)

Good luck. Please share your experiences in the Comments.

3 comments:

slag said...

Having just installed Leopard a week ago, here's hoping I'm clean.

But as regards Safari on Windows: The reason I can see for doing it is for web dev testing. That would be the only reason I would install IE on my Mac, if MS bothered to support it.

Beth said...

Totally off topic - I loved your memoirs. All of them!

bjkeefe said...

You're right about the web dev aspect, slag.

Thanks, Beth. (What she's talking about.)

ShareThis