Thursday, July 17, 2008

Discover the Movements

In a related story, I used to work with a woman for whom English was her second language. She was playing with a kaleidoscope one day, holding it up to her eye and shutting the other one. I told her they were originally named kaleidoscopes because people would walk around with them up to their eyes and bump into each other all the time.
-- Phil Plait

Slightly old news which indicates how far behind I am in my feed-reading: Phil's blog has moved. It is now being hosted on Discover magazine's site. Visiting his old URL, badastronomy.com, will result in automatic redirect. Links to archived BAB pages should remain stable, Phil sez. Details here and here. See the latter especially if you're having trouble with the RSS feed.

On a related note, I see that Carl Zimmer has also moved his blog to Discover's site, from its previous home on ScienceBlogs. Doesn't appear to be an automatic redirect for this one; the new URL for The Loom is http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/loom/.

Good to see Discover making this push to build a stable of bloggers, I think. There was a time when it looked like ScienceBlogs was going to become The Borg. I don't have a particular problem with that organization, but competition is always healthy.

No comments:

ShareThis