Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thunderbird 2.0.0.16 Released

Mozilla has released a patch for its email client, Thunderbird. This brings the latest version to 2.0.0.16. This patch closes several moderate security holes. (details)

Note for those keeping score at home: Yes, the previous version released was 2.0.0.14. You didn't miss anything. They probably skipped 2.0.0.15 to keep Tbird in sync with Firefox 2.

I got a notification message while my Tbird was open. If you don't get one, Help → Check for Updates should get you squared away.

The patch, for me, was about 640KB. Once I clicked "OK" to accept the new version, it downloaded, installed itself, and restarted Tbird automatically. The usual quick and slick Mozilla goodness. And they give it away for free.

Allow me to extend to those laboring under paid software services my deepest insincere sympathies.

No comments:

ShareThis