Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Seriously, What Is It With These Small Town Christian Mayors?

The mayor of Wasilla, Alaska (oops, sorry -- habit) Fort Mill, South Carolina, Danny Funderburk (pictured at left) forwarded an email suggesting that Barack Obama is the Antichrist.

Why?

“I was just curious if there was any validity to it,” Funderburk said in a telephone interview. “I was trying to get documentation if there was any scripture to back it up.”

While I sit here nearly paralyzed by the many layers of his stupidity, will someone please send Hizzoner the link to Snopes? Or better yet, PZ?


(pic. source: DannyFunderburk.com. Really. The same one.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that a "Hail, Fuhrer!"?

John Evo said...

Hey, any updates on what his research revealed. I'VE been wondering that EXACT same thing. In fact, I can't stop thinking about it.

bjkeefe said...

O: That was a little bit of unfair cropping on my part to suggest exactly that image. Thanks for noticing.

J: LOL! I'm afraid this story has defeated my ability to respond -- the stupidity has killed the snark.

ShareThis