Saturday, September 27, 2008

Google Currency Converter

Am I the last person on the Internets to know this?

Just had occasion to double-check what I thought I knew about the approximate value of the Japanese unit of currency. I always think "yen, yenny, penny," but a post on kyklops's blog made me wonder. A thousand-yen tax per pack??!

Turns out it's still a good enough mnemonic. But now for the fun part. To check it, I Googled yen to dollars.

Pretty slick.

I next tried yen for dollars but the Google managed to hide its amusement.

3 comments:

John Evo said...

You do know that the Internets are a series of tubes, right?

Anonymous said...

*yen for dollars*

ROFL!

But yeah, did you know you can type pretty much any type of equation into that Google search box and it will resolve it?

Type 500 miles in kilometers and hit enter for the answer.

Or, 165 pounds in kilograms

Or, 3 tablespoons in teaspoons

Or, 100 yards in feet

Or, 6 gallons in quarts

And so on.

Teh Google is teh awesome.

bjkeefe said...

J: Yes, thanks to someone from Alaska, as it happens.

T: I did know those, or at least some of them, but thanks for sharing.

ShareThis