Thursday, July 08, 2010

I CAN HAZ GRATE IDEA ALSO TOO: RELAWNCH ORIJNAL PETS.COM!!!

2. ?????????
3. Profit!

Felix Salmon notices Time magazine flirting with hiding its content behind a paywall. Joshua Benton and Peter Kafka confirm the observation. I just checked, too, and it does appear that you're going to be seeing this sort of thing at the top of a lot of their pages:

The following is an abridged version of an article that appears in the July 12, 2010 print and iPad editions of TIME magazine.

By "you're going to be seeing," of course, I mean "assuming you ever go to time.com." Jesus. They should be paying people to visit them, at this point. [Added: And don't just take it from me. Consult your FakeAPStyleBook.]

Eh, who knows, though. If they can make more money from their site, and pump that back into more substantive reporting and analysis, then I'll be the first to applaud, and conceivably, even sign up. But I'm sure not going to be holding my breath.

(h/t: Nick Bilton)

__________


[Added] Follow-up post from Laura McGann, a coblogger of Benton's at the Nieman Journalism Lab.

You I should be reading Nieman Journalism Lab a lot more frequently. And following them on the Twitter, too. Prepare your servers for my mighty blogrolling boost of doom, NML!

No comments:

ShareThis