Friday, July 30, 2010

Headline Yo-Yo

It is not a promising start to a day to visit nytimes.com and notice, pretty much right of the bat, a headline like this:

Added to the Recall List: Millions of Frozen Mice

I mean, seriously. Can we manufacture, grow, or distribute anything anymore? Without making people sick or dead, I mean? Yes, yes, I know, confirmation bias and all that. Doesn't change the first emotion.

On the other hand, the very next headline …

Ellen DeGeneres Leaving ‘American Idol’

… actually made me feel kinda good. I was all, Dude, I didn't even know she was on.

The lede has it as:

Walking away from a five-year contract worth tens of millions of dollars, Ellen DeGeneres said Thursday evening that she was leaving “American Idol” on Fox after just one season because it was not a “right fit” for her.

Mice to know at least one person I admire retains some shreds of integrity.

No comments:

ShareThis