Friday, July 16, 2010

No way. I mean, I guess, but ...

You know how when you're reading your Gmail you sometimes see ads along the side? That are, in theory anyway, connected to what you the reader might be interested in, or at least to the content of the email you are reading? So, I was replying to a gossipy thing about office machinations, the fourth or seventh exchange depending on how you're counting between this friend and me on this topic, and what should appear in the sidebar but this:

Stupid ad


I guess I can see it, in the sense of the Internet-age equivalent of posting your business card on the community bulletin board at the grocery store or something, but … seriously? Wouldn't anyone who actually wanted such services go looking for them him- or herself? On the Internet? And would you want a customer who didn't, or couldn't?

No comments:

ShareThis