Saturday, May 16, 2009

Attitude Test

Does this picture make you feel humanity's insignificance or fill you with pride at what we can accomplish? (Concentrate on the upper right corner.)

NASA's space shuttle Atlantis and the Hubble Space Telescope silhouetted against the Sun

Full shot and details from which the above was cropped.

Explanation and hat tip: Phil Plait.

Another shot, from earlier in the mission.



Different mission, more coolness, same question:

The space observatories Herschel and Planck, shortly after being deployed by the European Space Agency's Sylda launch vehicle.

3 comments:

Ocean said...

We are such a tiny speck!

And yet, we are always thinking about what the next adventure "out there" will be...

I guess my attitude is a little bit of both.

Nice post.

Righteous Bubba said...

Wow. Nice.

Adam L said...

It makes me embarrassed about how incompetent I am at using my digital camera on anything other than the automatic modes.

ShareThis