Monday, October 20, 2008

One Minute of Awesome

I've said it before and I'll say it again: It is such a delight to finally have a Democrat speak the plain truth about the Republicans. Here's a 52-second snippet from Barack Obama's speech, delivered today in Florida:

(alt. video link)

Hat tip to Greg Sargent at TPM, who also has the text of the full speech in the same post.

[Added] Here's a nice bit from the full text:

Florida, it's time for a change. I know it, you know it, and the American people know it. The other week, I was in Ohio, and I went to this small town called Georgetown. Now, I was hungry and I needed a snack. So I asked where I could find the best pie in town. And folks pointed to this diner. So I went there, and as I'm waiting for a pie, some of the employees said, "Senator, can you please take a picture with us because the owner is a die-hard Republican and we want to poke him a little."

And just then, the owner comes out. And I said, "Sir, I understand you're a die-hard Republican." He said yes. And I said, "Well, how's business?" He said, "Not so good because my customers can't afford to eat out right now." So I said, "Well, who do you think has been running the economy for the last eight years?" And he said, "The Republicans." Well, I said, "If you keep hitting your head against a wall and it starts to hurt, at some point don't you stop hitting it against the wall?"

Maybe you should try the Democrats for a change.

No comments:

ShareThis