Saturday, August 23, 2008

Flowbee Watch

Larry Flowbee JohnsonCan you believe Larry C. Johnson is still typing out this same sentence? From his latest post:

I asked a friend who knows someone who has seen the video to [sic] Michelle Obama making disparaging remarks about “white” folks.

Samplings from times past ...

16 May 2008:

I now have it from two three four sources (three who are close to senior Republicans) that there is video dynamite–Michelle Obama railing against “whitey” at Jeremiah Wright’s church.

19 May 2008:

Four Republican sources have told me that the tape exists. I’ve also been informed that Karl Rove and his allies have a copy of it and are using it to raise funds for independent expenditure groups.

[...]

And I’ve learned that a right-wing Republican billionaire has put a $1 million bounty on the video. He doesn’t want John McCain to win, like a number of conservatives, and thinks Obama is a pathetically weak candidate. The billionaire wants that video released now.

26 May 2008:

I have two friends. One is a Democrat and one is a Republican. One lives on the west coast and one lives on the east coast. They do not know each other. Yet each has spoken directly with someone who has seen the tape.

[...]

The clincher came when my buddy on the west coast wrote to me that he had a friend who had seen the tape.

31 May 2008:

New and dramatic developments. This is a heads up. I’ll post the news Monday morning by 0900 hours. Now I know why people who have seen the videotape say it is stunning. Barack’s headaches are only starting.

2 June 2008 07:43 AM:

I learned over the weekend why the Republicans who have seen the tape of Michelle Obama ranting about “whitey” describe it as “STUNNING.” I have not seen it but I have heard from five separate sources who have spoken directly with people who have seen the tape.

2 June 2008 10:48 (by Larry Johnson tool co-blogger "SusanUnPC"):

FYI, for those expecting to SEE the tape, GET REAL. Read Larry Johnson’s description of what is ON the tape. That is the story.

4 June 2008:

At no time have I claimed to have the tape or promised to deliver said tape.

5 June 2008:

So, sure looks to me that there a recording of Michelle’s racist rant exists in the hands of folks working to help elect McCain.

7 June 2008:

The recording that shows Michelle Obama saying disparaging things about white folks is for real. It is not part of some elaborate dirty trick. The people who have seen her comments describe it as “stunning” or “devastating.” I have not spoken directly with the people who have seen the tape, but I have spoken to two of my friends who are friends with those who watched the tape/dvd.

Flowbee's original goal, of course, was to sway the primaries in favor of Clinton. When it became obvious that wasn't going to happen, he changed his tune, and started floating the idea that the sinister GOP operatives absolutely, definitely had the tape, but they were planning to hold it until after the convention. WHEN IT WOULD BE TOO LATE FOR THE DEMOCRATS TO DO ANYTHING!!!1! Presumably, somewhere in his addled mind is the idea of a last-minute change of heart by enough delegates to change the nomination, which, if you ever skimmed the comments from a couple of months ago at NoQuarter, is something you were reminded, early and often, COULD HAPPEN, ABSOLUTELY, NO DELEGATES ARE BOUND!!!1!

I'm going to go way out on a limb here and predict that's not going to happen, either. The interesting question then becomes: will Flowbee continue to push the story of the imaginary tape, thereby revealing himself to have been a McCainiac all along? [UPDATE: Yes, he did continue. See this 21 October 2008 post, for example.]


(pic. source)

No comments:

ShareThis