Sunday, October 19, 2008

Wingnuttery: Pwned

Hard as this might be to believe, today's announcement by Colin Powell did not receive universal acclaim.

Nice job, Matt Stoller:

Here's Rush Limbaugh.

"Secretary Powell says his endorsement is not about race," Limbaugh wrote in an email. "OK, fine. I am now researching his past endorsements to see if I can find all the inexperienced, very liberal, white candidates he has endorsed. I'll let you know what I come up with."

Well, I'm pretty sure that Powell in 2000 endorsed George W. Bush, an inexperienced white candidate.

(h/t: Matthew Yglesias)


[Added] Oh, and by the way, Yglesias characterizes people like me correctly, and argues that the endorsement is of some significance to other types. I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

[Added] And he's definitely right about what Powell said about Muslims. I should have called attention to that myself -- I did like hearing it, but I didn't note it. I guess I kind of thought, Well, duh, but it's clearly a mistake to take such a point of view for granted.

[Added] All right, this thought is good, too.

No comments:

ShareThis