Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Line of the Day: 2008-11-19

Oh, Bill Kristol, he's ever so busy, almost as much as his New York Times fact-checker. His contract is nearly up with the Times, will he stay?

"I'm ambivalent. It's been fun. It's a lot of work. I have a lot of things going on. But I haven't really focused on it."

If it did not include the word "ambivalent", I'd swear this was a George Bush quote.
-- attaturk

George Packer has a detailed argument against Kristol being rehired that's well worth reading, and with which I agree with wholeheartedly, especially the part about the Kristol's laziness and utter lack of anything new to say.

You may recall that I've had a thing or two to say about Kristol over the past year.

John Cole wants to see Kristol replaced by Daniel Larison, and I second that. I'd also be happy with James Poulos or Reihan Salam, and I'm sure there are plenty of other conservatives who are far more worthy of the space.

Cole resignedly expects that David Frum will end up getting the slot, assuming Kristol gets the boot, to which I say, yeah, maybe, and please, no. That'd be an improvement, but only a tiny one. Apart from being honest enough to admit that Sarah Palin is an unqualified clown, Frum is no different from Kristol -- a straight-up party hack who hasn't said anything new in years.

No comments:

ShareThis