Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What Bill Said

(Updated several times, at bottom.)

Here's Bill Maher being interviewed by Arianna Huffington (guest-hosting The Rachel Maddow Show):

(alt. video link)

I've been feeling a lot of what Maher said here. There are any number of lefties online moaning about Lieberman, or Hillary Clinton, or Rahm Emanuel, or Eric Holder, or whom- or whatever, and I confess to being unable to share their outrage. As Maher says, every time in the past year someone fretted about a choice Obama made, it turned out that he was right and the fretter wrong. So, while I worry about the media frenzy that starts every time a Clinton's name is mentioned, and still have trouble getting over my visceral wish to wreak vengeance on Holy Joe, and I don't plan to be a unquestioning fanboy for the next four years, for the moment, I really think this says it all:

Obama: everybody chill, I got this


No More Mister Nice Blog has some similar thoughts.

[Added] So does Kevin K. at Rumproast, and Thers at Whiskey Fire adds tactical considerations.

[Added 2] See also BAGnewsNotes.

[Added 3] See also Lee Stranahan.

[Added 4] See also Bob Cesca.

[Added 5] See also Ezra Klein (via).

(pic. source)

No comments:

ShareThis