Saturday, November 29, 2008

A New Role Model

Given the onslaught of conflict-of-interest stories leaking from every orifice of the news biz (et tu, NPR?), I think we should all bow down to John Holbo and hope that all in the media do, too.

Why? Glad you asked. Here's what he appended to a post discussing the question of Bush as worst president ever:

Full disclosure: I’m married to a woman who is descended from James Buchanan, so it may be that I am over-eager to see the mantle of ‘worst’ pass to another family line, freeing my offspring from the stain of shame.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, after reading Times New Roman for the last few days, I think Georgia looks much better.

bjkeefe said...

Thanks for the feedback. I still don't like it -- it looks too fat and baroque to me. However, Times as it appears on the screen looks too cramped, and I also dislike the way it renders colons as nearly invisible.

I have a feeling if I had better content to post, I'd care less about the font.

Anonymous said...

Oh very funny, about that last remark. The content is excellent.

I know what you mean about Georgia looking kind of fat and baroque. It's really weird how fonts seem to look better in some templates than in others. Like, the 11pt TNR looks great on many blogs, but on others, it doesn't look so great. Likewise, I normally am not too thrilled with Georgia, but on your blog, I thought it looked really good. Balloon Juice looks pretty good with Lucida Sans Unicode (of all things). The only problem with that font is I would guess it's not available on a lot of machines. Do you have that font on your computer?

ShareThis